I really need to keep up on my blog posts better, I barely remember December now, as we are half way through January already. Everyone is doing well. The kids really started to get the idea behind Christmas this year. For weeks Alex kept asking when Santa was coming, when was Christmas, when were we going to Mimi and Pop’s? He knew Santa brings presents and that he wouldn’t come until we were in Pa and associated everything with that time. It was super cute. For a long period of time he had this conversation with me everyday, by his prompting…
Alex: What happens at Christmas time?
Me: I don’t know Alex, what?
Alex (with wide eyes and a smile): Santa comes! What happens when Santa comes?
Me: I don’t know Alex, what?
Alex: He brings presents! He is going to bring a car, a plane, and a fire truck. Oh and he is going to bring Melia princesses!
Anyhow, we tried to instill some values in them as well as it is a great time to be thankful for what we have, friends, family, and a roof over our heads. We had a discussion one night at dinner trying to explain this and after all of that – without missing a beat – when asked what He is thankful for he said “santa and presents!” Gotta love them. In other news, Alex has sadly stopped calling Amelia “ya-ya” and now calls her Amelia. It is so sweet to see them grow, but a little sad too.
a trip to the park
so excited to wear hats
Hanukkah
Tree Decorating
Enjoying some spinach ranch dip
the fire truck cape I made alex
Cookie Decorating – they LOVE sprinkles!
enjoying the fruits of their labor
No comments:
Post a Comment